The Spark Of God From Whence I Came

I closed my eyes just for a moment
When the invitation came
To travel beyond the darkness
Into the rich velvety midnight blackness
Stretching inward, 
Reaching into the caverns
The caverns of my soul.
Against my customary clinging
To caution and safety,
The invitation led me.


Seemingly reckless and dangerous,
I continued to follow
Deeper and deeper
Into the rich velvety midnight blackness,
Eventually fading ever so slightly,
Giving rise to a faint glow
On what I could only presume
Was the horizon of my soul.

A distant flickering spark
Now grabbed me like a wave
Pulling me ever closer
Till I was immersed in the spark.
It was inexplicably familiar
Like I was home.
And I knew,
I knew,
This was the spark of God
From whence I came.



I had no desire to leave.
The need to conquer anything
Anything at all, including evil,
Slipped away.
“This is the place to live
Even in the world,”
I thought.
“And I can, but.”
Yes, the perennial but.
“But will I?”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AN EASTER POEM: IT IS TIME

MARIANNE BYER'S COLLATION

THANK YOU MAYA ANGELOU