AN EASTER POEM






Perhaps too late,
Perhaps not,
I really had no idea
Who you were or who you are.

I knew you were different
Perhaps even divine.
I knew I wanted to run with You,
Well, until it came to this,
And then I ran the other way.

I never saw it coming,
That you would be arrested.
I surely wasn’t willing to take on,
To fight the Roman soldiers.

I admired Peter
Drawing his sword and attacking,
But you, for some strange reason,
Insisted he put his sword away.
Why was that?

So many things you shared with us,
So many things you did,
None of them we understood.

I woke this morning hoping
Hoping perhaps you were here again,
Hoping perhaps you could hear me.
I am running now,
Obviously not running with You.

They killed you, they did.
Well, I guess I killed You.
I certainly abandoned You.

But I’m running to where they laid You
Hoping,
Hoping beyond the beyond,
Perhaps even dreaming,
Dreaming I will find You,
Dreaming I will find You
Once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN EASTER POEM: IT IS TIME

MARIANNE BYER'S COLLATION

THANK YOU MAYA ANGELOU