MARIANNE BYER'S COLLATION

I endured my first steps into the morning.

The cold pavement greeted me.

The Son soothed me.

The road led to the first meal of my day.
Christ in his entire filled my gnawing heart,

Like gentle morning dew,

He awakened me from my sleep.
Returning home the Son blinded my eyes,

Encouraging me to see the path

In which he was leading me.

Suddenly,


 Sounds and smells of my childhood


Engulfed me.


Sparrows,


Lilacs,


Blue jays,


And doves,


Summoned me.



I consumed the second meal of my day.



And the longings,

Mother

Father

Brother

Sister

They arose

Serving me bittersweet treats,

I struggled through the third meal of my day.


And then the Son,

Sparrows,

Lilacs,

Blue jays,

Doves,

Mother,

Father,

Brother,

Sister,

Ushered me up the walk.


The welcoming smell of sausage

Brought a smile to my face.

I was home.

My husband

 Greeted me with my final morning meal.


This poem is sculpted by my "little" Sister,
Marianne Byers.
I was so touched by the poem
I thought it deserved posting.
Let her know how much you enjoyed it.
Marianne's Facebook Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN EASTER POEM: IT IS TIME

THANK YOU MAYA ANGELOU