I AM HERE (If you have lost someone recently or anytime. I guess that includes us all,)




I held your eyes, your hands
Till I knew it was time,
Time to let you pass.
I watched you fly away
To the horizon and beyond.
I squinted,
Wanting to follow you to
The very very last.

I come back, day after day
Peering into that same horizon
Where I last saw you flying home,
Hoping, hoping by some miracle,
I will see the horizon shimmer,
Letting me know you are returning.


Today as I stood vigil
Awaiting your return,
I sensed you next to me.
At first I cried.
I couldn’t touch you.
But then I laughed,
And you said something to me
I will never forget.

“Yes, I am here,” you said.
“It’s hard for me to believe
You cannot see me.
I am right here.

"I can see everything now
Here and there,
And the 'there' is where you are.
Well, you’re here too
Because there is no time here.
We are all here.


"So go home.
Stop waiting for me to return.
I have already.
Look for me
With your soulful eyes.
Then you will see me
Right beside you. 

"I am here."

NOTE;  PHOTO TAKEN FROM



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARIANNE BYER'S COLLATION

AN EASTER POEM: IT IS TIME